Call for Papers （→ Submission has closed)
“A School Library Built for the Digital Age”
- The school library as a virtual space and real place
- for meeting, sharing, discussing, challenging, encouraging, collaborative learning, and growing
- The school library as a learning environment
- for access to materials, resources, teachers and the community
- The school library as an interdisciplinary laboratory
- for experience and discovery in science, arts, humanities, media, music, and sports
- The school library as a window to the real and online world
- for reading, writing and communication
- The school library as a partner to support diversity
- for physically, mentally, emotionally and culturally diverse students, as well as gender and sexuality diversity
- The school library as a first major step student’s life-long learning
- for citizenship, orientation, vocation, and lifestyle
- The school library as a transformation room into an avatar
- for active learning
- The school library staffs in the digital age
- their roles, skills, and training, and partnership
Types of Presentation
The presentations are categorized into four types:
(1) Professional presentation: PP
(2) Research presentation: RP
(3) Workshop: WS
(4) Poster presentation
- A professional presentation (PP) is a 30-minutes presentation including 10-minutes Q&A. It has to be an unpublished study on a school library conducted based on practical cases.
- A research presentation (RP) is a presentation for 30 minutes including a 10-minutes Q&A. It has to be an unpublished research on a school library that leads a certain conclusion based on study and examination.
- A workshop (WS)’s duration is for 90 minutes, and during a workshop, a practical theme related to school libraries is to be extended by more than two of organizer and presenter (introductory speaker). An aim is, through discussion with participants, to foster public understandings on the matters related to conference theme.
- A poster presentation is a presentation where a presenter shows research results on a poster, and explains directly to viewers. Presenters should present during 12:30-14:00 on both of the 23rd and 25th, August.
(On the 2nd and the 4th days of the conference, presenters can explain and answers to viewers, regardless of the above time span)
Usable equipment: projectors, screens, PC (housed)
Specification of House PC: OS: Windows7 / 8.1, Software: Office2010/ 2013Pro
Either of the presentations is to be made in English. Also, you need to prepare the application form in English.
After examining your application, we will inform you a result by March 15, 2016.
When your application is adapted, please submit a paper for conference proceedings by June 4. (<postponed> Please refer to the separate guideline for the format) Your date of presentation is to be informed afterward.
(Those who are adopted need to make full conference registration by May 31, 2016 at the early-bird rate. If you have a co-researcher, he/she also needs to make a registration of the full conference)
All submitted papers will be double blind reviewed.
Abstracts are to be submitted online (link to abstract online submission form on Conference website) by 29 January, 2016.
Participants will be advised by 15 March 2016 about abstract acceptance for a paper submission.
Full peer reviewed papers received by 31 May 2016 will be included in the conference proceedings.
All peer reviewed papers will be published on the Conference web site.
Authors of all peer reviewed papers must have registered and paid the conference fee in advance, by early bird deadline, 15 May 2016.
Papers should be:
between 3,000 and 5,000 words, well written and satisfy conference Publishing and Referencing Guidelines.
Submission deadline: January 29, 2016 (postponed)
Notification of acceptance: the beginning of April, 2016 (postponed)
Full paper submission: June 4, 2016 (postponed)
Submission Form (Microsoft Word Docx)
Abstracts should be submitted per email email@example.com using the submission form by 29 January 2016.
We are looking forward to your contributions to and participation in the IASL 2016 conference.