Visitors from China, Russia, CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States, Содружество Независимых Государств), Philippines, and so on are needed to take visa. Please see the Website “VISA / Residing in Japan” of the Foreign Ministry Affairs, Japan.

An application for visa is made by the applicant him/herself at the Japanese Embassy / Consulate General with jurisdiction over the area in which the applicant lives or those with jurisdiction over the country of which the applicant’s passport is issued. In some cases the application may be made by an accredited travel agent that has been approved by the Japanese Embassy / Consulate General.

Depending on the circumstances in your country or region, there are cases that the documents should only be submitted by the applicant him/herself going to the Japanese Embassy/Consulate, or through an accredited travel agent. Check with the embassy or consulate to which you plan to apply before making the application.

The documents that are necessary for the application differ depending on the travel purpose and the nationality of the applicant. In some cases, not only documents prepared by the applicant him/herself but documents prepared by the inviting person in Japan are required to apply for visa.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email